The following types of scenarios are candidates for runtime scenarios:
- The general case (aka the rule) of the most important use cases, features or functions.
- Important interactions with external systems, neighbors or user categories.
- Dynamic behavior of important external interfaces.
- Interactions that affect important quality goals or requirements.
- Error or failure conditions that might influence overall system behavior.
- Bootstrap-, startup or shutdown procedures, especially in distributed systems.
- Interactions that somehow deviate from normal stakeholder expectation, especially deviate from developer expectation.
- Interactions that work in non-standard ways.
- Scenarios or processes that are subject to timing constraints